Whilst the core skills and concepts of management are still very much applicable for a manager in the healthcare industry, there are also some specific areas where managers transferring from other industries may struggle. This qualification considers and addresses these areas, strengthening the learners skill set for a manager position.
The ATHE level 6 qualifications in Healthcare management include one 120 credit Diploma and two Certificates, however ATHE also provides Awards in subjects such as Finance in the Public Sector, along with others which are listed amongst the management qualifications and are also relevant to working in the healthcare industry.
- International Healthcare Policy
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery
- Leadership and Management
- Research Project
- Personal Leadership and Management Development
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector
- Finance For Managers
- Manage Sustainability in an Organisation
- Personal and Professional Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Planning a New Business Venture
- Management of Health and Social Care Provision
The Entry Requirements
These qualifications are designed for learners from aged 19 and above. However, ATHE does not specify any entry requirements. Centres are required to ensure that learners who undertake these qualifications have the necessary skills to undertake the learning and assessment.
- A certificate in healthcare management studies or business management
- an equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- Mature students with a minimum of two years relevant work experience may be considered.
Fees – £1,495
* The fees is per academic year
** Assessment fees £55 extra
Awarding Body :Awards for Training and Higher Education (ATHE)
Course Duration : 6-12 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 6