ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Computing
Learners who wish to pursue a senior role in information systems management, programming, web development or software engineering can use the Level 5 Diploma in Computing to support their progression.
Who this qualification is for?
Building on the Level 4 Diploma in Computing, the Level 5 Diploma in Computing includes core areas such as programming, but also higher level subjects such as Strategic Management Information Systems, Computing Research Methods, and Managing a Computing Project.
The qualification was designed to support progression to the third year of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
What does the qualification progress to?
Learners who complete this qualification can progress to the ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Computing which provides entry to the third year of a Bachelor’s Degree at a university such as one of our university partners, Southampton Solent University. For more information, please visit our progression routes page.
What does this qualification cover?
Learners will take 120 mandatory credits.
- Cyber Security
- Database Design and Development
- Web Based Development
- Network Design
- Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT
- Strategic Management Information Systems
- Innovative Technologies in Computing
- Computing Research Methods
- Managing a Computing Project
- Software Development Methodologies
- These qualifications are designed for learners from aged 19 and above.
- A certificate/ diploma in management studies or business management.
- An equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- Mature students with a minimum of two years relevant work experience may be considered.
- If English is not your native language then we need IELTS 4.5 or Equivalent
Course material, including presentations, handouts, assignment briefs and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to this, the learners also get the course handbook and tutorial via emails to support the learning. We can provide printed books for a few units and these can be ordered by the learners at the start of the course at an additional cost. The books are from BPP Media or other publications and are discounted for enrolled learners. They are available for some units only.
The learner sets the pace for learning and the courses are offered across an academic year basis. Although our tutors encourage the learners to make progress monthly, but this approach is flexible.
* The fees is per academic year and includes awarding body registration and assessment fees. There are no other hidden costs.
Awarding Body : Awards for Training and Higher Education (ATHE)
Course Duration : 3-12 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 5
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit ATHE official website on http://athe.co.uk/