The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care is a 120 credit size qualification and is the equivalent level to the 2nd year of a degree. You can click on the unit numbers below to see the qualification content, including credit value, learning outcomes and assessment criteria. Learners must complete the 3 mandatory units totalling 60 credits and a further 4- optional units to make a total of 120 credits to achieve the Extended Diploma.
- Health and Social Care in Context
- Communication Skills for Health and Social Care Management
- People in Organisations
- Research Project
- Finance For Managers
- Manage Sustainability in an Organisation
- Personal and Professional Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Planning a New Business Venture
- Management of Health and Social Care Provision
The Entry Requirements
These qualifications are designed for learners from aged 19 and above. However, ATHE does not specify any entry requirements. Centres are required to ensure that learners who undertake these qualifications have the necessary skills to undertake the learning and assessment.
- A certificate in healthcare management studies or business management
- an equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- Mature students with a minimum of two years relevant work experience may be considered.
Fees – £1,495
* The fees is per academic year and includes the awarding body registration and assessments.
Awarding Body :Awards for Training and Higher Education (ATHE)
Course Duration : 12 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 5