About this Course
The Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is ideal for anyone involved in the planning, implementation or measurement of Digital strategies – or anyone who would like to pursue a career in this area. The Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing programme is suitable for professionals of all levels and disciplines, and will prepare you to take up a more specialist role within the overall marketing domain.
The Digital Marketing Institute’s panel of subject matter experts has specifically structured the curriculum to focus on current trends and best practices in Digital Marketing. As well as creating innovative strategies, you will also learn how to leverage these strategies to gain competitive advantage for both your business and career.
The Digital Marketing Institute is the global certification body for Digital Marketing education. The syllabus defines the framework of knowledge, skill and competency required to meet the current and future demands of the Digital economy. The practical, industry-driven qualifications are recognised as the international standard in Digital Marketing certification.
The syllabus content is defined and validated by an industry based working group, the Syllabus Advisory Council. The Council contributes to the development of internationally recognised standards supporting digital marketing education by ensuring the consistency of our industry-led training and certification programmes. Member representatives are from leading digital brands, including Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, IBM, Vodafone, Communicorp, Dentsu Aegis Network, Omnicom, WPP and Ogilvy.
The Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is also approved and credit rated by the European Qualifications Framework at Level 5.
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Harness the power of digital marketing as a core driver of your business’s marketing strategy.
- You will learn about the key concepts of digital marketing and how it differs from traditional marketing, as well as how these two practices can be implemented to complement each other.
- The module will also introduce you to the Digital Marketing Institute Methodology; an iterative framework that outlines how you can adopt, measure and refine key digital marketing tenets.
- You will become familiar with key concepts and terminology, and equip yourself with the technical skills and insight required to build and maintain an effective SEO strategy.
- The module will introduce you to a range of specialist tools, on-site and off-site optimization techniques, as well as keyword research practices and link building tactics that will drive traffic to your website and generate customer conversions.
- You will also be able to monitor and manage your SEO strategy by measuring the metrics that matter and refining your performance as a direct result.
- You will learn how to implement and manage an enhanced Pay Per Click campaigns, to increase your brand awareness and extend reach.
- In this module, you will develop an understanding of the fundamentals of search marketing within a PPC context, and what is involved in creating and running an optimized AdWords campaign.
- You will be able to carry out keyword research, refined audience targeting and craft compelling ad copy and creative. The module will also teach you how to measure and analyze the effectiveness of your PPC activities through platforms such as AdWords and Google Analytics.
- This module will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to implement and manage an effective display ad campaign.
- You will learn how to create and run effective display ads, and develop an understanding of the available ad formats and their relevance to specific target audiences.
- The module will enable you to research and leverage a range of ad publishers in order to optimize your campaign.
- You will be able to develop clear campaign objectives and track its performance using a variety of metrics that correlate with your overall business goals.
- Upon completion of this module, you will be able to design, create and implement email marketing campaigns that will increase customer reach and sales for your business.
- You will learn how to write compelling copy, split test design templates and test campaigns to guarantee optimal open and click through rates.
- The module will explore the concept of segmentation, and how it can help you to produce specific audience groups that you can target with the most appropriate email copy.
- You will also gain an understanding of SPAM and data protection, and ensure you don’t infringe upon the strict SPAM guidelines and data protection regulations, in order to guarantee the deliverability of your marketing emails.
- The Mobile Marketing module focuses on utilizing the power of mobile technologies to access increasingly mobile consumers.
- You will be equipped with the technical knowledge and skills needed to build and maintain an effective mobile marketing strategy.
- You will learn how to run effective SMS campaigns and gain an understanding of essential mobile practices such as NFC, app development and Bluetooth.
- The module will teach you how to optimize your website for mobile devices to secure maximum conversions.
- You will also be able to integrate your mobile marketing with innovative social media techniques, and review the effectiveness of your mobile marketing activities with advanced analytics tools.
- You will learn how to efficiently monitor and optimize your digital marketing strategy, and develop an understanding of key analytics platforms and metrics that can help you to measure the effectiveness of your digital marketing.
- The module will examine how to implement analytics tracking across your website and set up goals that will allow you to determine how successfully you are converting your website visitors.
- You will learn how to create and schedule customized reports and explore the real-time and intelligence reporting capabilities of Google Analytics.
- You will also become familiar with how to assess the effectiveness of your website’s technical performance to maximize its ability to assist with your high-level business goals.
- The Strategy and Planning module adopts a structured approach that brings together all strands of the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing and culminates in a comprehensive, coherent digital marketing plan.
- You will learn how to carry out essential situation analysis and audience definition exercises, and develop clear and meaningful objectives against which you can benchmark the success of your digital marketing activities.
- You will be able to set budgets, allocate resources and select appropriate channels based on your target audience.
- You will also learn how to identify deliverables for your formal digital marketing plan, which will allow you to implement a successful and effective digital marketing strategy.
Objectives & Outcomes
At the end of this course, you will understand the various channels and activities required to plan, implement and manage a comprehensive digital marketing plan for your business.
Our Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing will help you to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the value of Digital Marketing and why it is a vital component of your overall marketing strategy
- Plan, create and effectively manage Search, Social Media, Mobile and Email Marketing campaigns
- Integrate your Digital Marketing plans into your overall marketing strategy
- Drive new visitor traffic to your website while improving online conversion rates
- Understand how Digital Marketing can help you grow your business, domestically and internationally
- Identify various online applications and resources that can help build effective and profitable websites
- Measure and analyse the visitor traffic to your website to continuously develop and improve your Digital Marketing efforts
- Upon completion of the 10 modules of the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing all students are required to take the computer-based exams which will assess their knowledge of the course.
- The Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is based on one formal exam made up of 3 sections, measuring student’s knowledge and competency of the modules established within the formal diploma programme scheme.
The module coverage breakdown across the exams is as below:
The exam is 180 minutes long (3 Hours) and consists of 200 questions. The passing score for this exam is 60%. All candidates may take the computer-based examination up to three times. Should a candidate fail their first exam attempt, they must repeat the exam within their exam authorisation period of 6 months. Exams are delivered on the international PearsonVUE System and the score report is made available straight after the exam session.
A range of different question item formats are used within the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing (Syllabus Version 5.0) as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Image supported Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- ‘Matching’ or Drag and Drop Question
- ‘Hot Spot’ Question
* The fees includes the examination fees of £140
Awarding Body : Digital Marketing Institute (DMI)
Course Duration : 3 months online or 5 days bootcamp
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 5
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit DMI official site – https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/students/courses/professional-diploma-in-digital-marketing