If you are interested in consolidating the essential skills needed to manage a digital marketing strategy for your organisation, consider the Professional Diploma in Digital Strategy and Planning. This course will help you to refine planning capabilities in key areas from social customer service and digital communications, to budget and personnel.
The Digital Marketing Institute is the global certification body for Digital Marketing education. The syllabus defines the framework of knowledge, skill and competency required to meet the current and future demands of the Digital economy. The practical, industry-driven qualifications are recognised as the international standard in Digital Marketing certification.
The syllabus content is defined and validated by an industry based working group, the Syllabus Advisory Council. The Council contributes to the development of internationally recognised standards supporting digital marketing education by ensuring the consistency of our industry-led training and certification programmes. Member representatives are from leading digital brands, including Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, IBM, Vodafone, Communicorp, Dentsu Aegis Network, Omnicom, WPP and Ogilvy.
The Professional Diploma in Digital Strategy and Planning is also approved and credit rated by the European Qualifications Framework at Level 5.
- Learn how to successfully drive your organisation’s digital marketing activity.
- You will be introduced to the key considerations underpinning strategy and planning, and the evolution of traditional marketing into a practice that incorporates digital tools and technologies.
- You will be able to implement these tools and technologies to execute strategic plans and achieve high level objectives.
- The module will also introduce and contextualise key digital specialisms including SEO, PPC, Digital Display Advertising, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing, and Social Media Marketing, as well as Analytics.
- In this module, you will learn about the characteristics and features of traditional communication channels, and how their one-to-many “broadcast” approach has evolved into a more socially-orientated and supportive communications approach.
- The module will illustrate how you can use traditional communications to develop messaging for products or services, to elaborate on brand or service value, and to encourage customers to develop their awareness before purchasing.
- You will also become aware of potential restrictions associated with traditional communications channels, including difficulty when it comes to measuring their effectiveness, and customer targeting.
- You will learn about a digital communications approach, which is highly customer-focused and customer-driven, within a one-to-one or many-to-many communications model.
- You will understand the benefits of digital communications, including their flexibility and ability to be personalised, as content can be developed to accommodate customer interests and expectations.
- The module will explore the idea that, with digital communications, it is the customer who is empowered, as the engagement is interactive, and needs to evolve based on their needs.
- You will learn how to incorporate digital communications into a highly targeted, effective and accountable digital marketing campaign, and use analytics to measure the impact of these communications.
- The Digital Channels module will provide you with an understanding of the variety of digital channels available to implement as part of a digital marketing strategy
- Upon completion of this module, you will be able to design, create and implement email marketing campaigns that will increase customer reach and sales for your business.
- You will learn how to write compelling copy, split test design templates and test campaigns to guarantee optimal open and click through rates.
- The module will explore the concept of segmentation, and how it can help you to produce specific audience groups that you can target with the most appropriate email copy.
- You will also gain an understanding of SPAM and data protection, and ensure you don’t infringe upon the strict SPAM guidelines and data protection regulations, in order to guarantee the deliverability of your marketing emails.
- The Mobile Marketing module focuses on utilising the power of mobile technologies to access increasingly mobile consumers.
- You will be equipped with the technical knowledge and skills needed to build and maintain an effective mobile marketing strategy.
- You will learn how to run effective SMS campaigns and gain an understanding of essential mobile practices such as NFC, app development and Bluetooth.
- The module will teach you how to optimise your website for mobile devices to secure maximum conversions.
- You will also be able to integrate your mobile marketing with innovative social media techniques, and review the effectiveness of your mobile marketing activities with advanced analytics tools.
- Upon completion of the 10 modules of the Professional Diploma in Digital Strategy and Planning all students are required to take the computer-based exams which will assess their knowledge of the course.
- Professional Diploma in Digital Strategy and Planning is based on one formal exam made up of 3 sections, measuring student’s knowledge and competency of the modules established within the formal diploma programme scheme.
The module coverage breakdown across the exams is as below:
Introduction to Strategy and Planning
Social Media Marketing
The exam is 180 minutes long (3 Hours) and consists of 200 questions. The passing score for this exam is 60%. All candidates may take the computer-based examination up to three times. Should a candidate fail their first exam attempt, they must repeat the exam within their exam authorisation period of 6 months. Exams are delivered on the international PearsonVUE System and the score report is made available straight after the exam session.
A range of different question item formats are used within the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing (Syllabus Version 5.0) as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Image supported Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- ‘Matching’ or Drag and Drop Question
- ‘Hot Spot’ Question
* The fees includes the examination fees of £140
Awarding Body : Digital Marketing Institute (DMI)
Course Duration : 3 months online or 5 days bootcamp
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 5
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit DMI official site – https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/students/courses/professional-diploma-in-digital-strategy-and-planning