Ensuring your business website is optimised for mobile devices is no longer enough; in order to excel, you need to be able to execute a comprehensive mobile marketing strategy. With the Professional Diploma in Mobile Marketing you will learn essential skills and techniques that will enable you to achieve your business goals and fully engage a mobile audience. Acquire skills in essential mobile specialisms including mobile site design, app development, multi-channel marketing and mobile commerce.
The Digital Marketing Institute is the global certification body for Digital Marketing education. The syllabus defines the framework of knowledge, skill and competency required to meet the current and future demands of the Digital economy. The practical, industry-driven qualifications are recognised as the international standard in Digital Marketing certification.
The syllabus content is defined and validated by an industry based working group, the Syllabus Advisory Council. The Council contributes to the development of internationally recognised standards supporting digital marketing education by ensuring the consistency of our industry-led training and certification programmes. Member representatives are from leading digital brands, including Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, IBM, Vodafone, Communicorp, Dentsu Aegis Network, Omnicom, WPP and Ogilvy.
The Professional Diploma in Mobile Marketing is also approved and credit rated by the European Qualifications Framework at Level 5.
- You will be introduced to the unique connectivity of mobile marketing, and the opportunity to engage and transact with a broader target audience in a relevant and adaptable way.
- You will gain exposure to a variety of mobile marketing practices, from SMS and MMS marketing, to responsive website design and mobile gamification.
- The Professional Diploma in Mobile Marketing is rooted in a firm analytical context, and you will learn to measure and report on campaigns in order to iterate and enhance campaign effectiveness.
- This module will teach you about the significant marketing opportunities that can harnessed by utilising mobile messaging, including SMS and MMS.
- You will learn about push messaging, and how it functions as part of an active mobile marketing engagement strategy.
- You will learn what is involved in building a mobile subscriber list and be aware of the need to implement opt-ins and opt-outs, as with other permission-based practices such as email marketing.
- The module will familiarise you with key mobile messaging techniques, from short codes and keywords, to Rich Communication Services (RCS) and Over-The-Top (OTT) content delivery, and demonstrate how a mobile messaging campaign is developed, executed and optimised.
- The Mobile Sites module will introduce you to the concept of mobile optimised websites, and their increasing importance in catering to a largely mobile audience.
- You will be able to identify the key features, advantages and potential limitations of both adaptive and responsive mobile web design, and recognise the impact of screen size, display, legibility, scroll, zoom and navigation on user experience and customer engagement.
- You will be able to integrate your social media and mobile marketing to maximise customer engagement, and learn about the importance of testing to ensure your mobile site is best positioned to convert as many visitors as possible.
- You will learn about the key stages in the mobile app development process, and gain an understanding of the main characteristics of mobile apps, what they are and when to use them.
- You will be able to choose between native, web and hybrid apps based on their suitability to your specific business goals, and understand why it’s necessary to design mobile apps to complement your social media efforts and create a cohesive brand experience for existing and potential customers.
- You will become familiar with the app submission process for the main app stores, including Apple, Google Play, Windows and many others.
- You will also learn how to measure the effectiveness of your app using mobile app analytics, and become familiar with emergent trends within mobile apps.
- The Mobile Advertising module centers upon the concept of mobile advertising as a one-on-one, bilateral marketing exchange, which offers unique opportunities and advantages for marketers.
- You will learn about the different advertising channels to which you can allocate your digital ad spend, such as video and in-app ads, and the various ad formats you can use as part of an optimised mobile advertising campaign.
- You will be able to select different ad networks to suit your campaign, and know how to leverage the unique targeting and segmentation options available within mobile advertising.
- This module will help you to learn about and navigate the mobile video ecosystem, and how you can make the most of its potential virality to extend your brand’s reach and better engage with customers.
- You will learn about the prevalence of video blogging (vlogging), and how you can adopt and adapt this practice in order to influence and convert your target audience.
- You will become familiar with key video ad formats and how to select the appropriate format to support your campaign.
- The module will teach you about mobile video apps and how advertising on them can gain you visibility in front of a previously untapped audience, and how to promote particular video content in order to achieve your overall business goals.
- You will learn how to take advantage of mobile games consumption in order to target and incentivise your target audience and become familiar with best practice and current trends.
- The module will teach you about various mobile game formats and how to select a format that best complements your brand.
- You will be exposed to examples of strategic brand promotion within mobile games and learn how to replicate this for your own business where appropriate.
- You will be able to segment different gamer personas and understand the concept of ‘gamification’, and the idea of employing mobile gaming conventions in non-game scenarios in order to attract and accommodate customers.
- Upon completion of the 10 modules of the Professional Diploma In Mobile Marketing all students are required to take the computer-based exams which will assess their knowledge of the course.
- The Professional Diploma In Mobile Marketing is based on one formal exam made up of 3 sections, measuring student’s knowledge and competency of the modules established within the formal diploma programme scheme.
The module coverage breakdown across the exams is as below:
Introduction to Mobile Marketing
Mobile Games Marketing
Mobile Games Marketing
The exam is 180 minutes long (3 Hours) and consists of 200 questions. The passing score for this exam is 60%. All candidates may take the computer-based examination up to three times. Should a candidate fail their first exam attempt, they must repeat the exam within their exam authorisation period of 6 months. Exams are delivered on the international PearsonVUE System and the score report is made available straight after the exam session.
A range of different question item formats are used within the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing (Syllabus Version 5.0) as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Image supported Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- ‘Matching’ or Drag and Drop Question
- ‘Hot Spot’ Question
* The fees includes the examination fees of £140
Awarding Body : Digital Marketing Institute (DMI)
Course Duration : 3 months online or 5 days bootcamp
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 5
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit DMI official site – https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/students/courses/professional-diploma-in-mobile-marketing