Search marketing is one of the most influential digital disciplines; over 60% of global internet users research products online before they purchase.
The Professional Diploma in Search Marketing will equip you with the skills you need to optimize your website, drive traffic and ultimately engage and acquire customers by guaranteeing your brand visibility in search engine results.
The Digital Marketing Institute is the global certification body for Digital Marketing education. The syllabus defines the framework of knowledge, skill and competency required to meet the current and future demands of the Digital economy. The practical, industry-driven qualifications are recognised as the international standard in Digital Marketing certification.
The syllabus content is defined and validated by an industry based working group, the Syllabus Advisory Council. The Council contributes to the development of internationally recognised standards supporting digital marketing education by ensuring the consistency of our industry-led training and certification programmes. Member representatives are from leading digital brands, including Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, IBM, Vodafone, Communicorp, Dentsu Aegis Network, Omnicom, WPP and Ogilvy.
The Professional Diploma in Search Marketing is also approved and credit rated by the European Qualifications Framework at Level 5.
- This module will introduce you to the foundational concepts of search marketing.
- Students will learn how the core search elements, include Search Engine Optimisation, Pay Per Click advertising, and analytics, work together to drive targeted, high converting traffic.
- You will gain a strong understanding how each discipline within search marketing coalesces to form an all-encompassing search strategy.
- You will learn how to utilise techniques that will enable you to master the key technical elements of Search Engine Optimisation.
- The module will teach you about everything from implementing meta-tags and keywords, to making use of sitemaps, indexing your site content and building links.
- You will be able to recognize the benefits of a clearly defined SEO strategy from a business perspective in terms of brand visibility and customer conversion.
- You will also learn how to apply a range of SEO planning, benchmarking and measuring tools and develop a detailed understanding of the metrics that matter.
- The SEO Content module will help you to develop an understanding of the importance of content marketing within SEO, and how it relates to the on-page optimisation of your business website.
- You will learn about the role content plays in organic search rankings, and how you can gain visibility and prominence for your brand by refreshing and updating your website’s content on a regular basis.
- The module will examine the importance of using tags and appropriate imagery, optimising URLs and site speed and implementing link building tactics.
- You will also be able to use rank checking and link popularity tools to make sure you’re getting the most out of your content for your SEO strategy.
- This module is in a workshop format that will navigate you through a range of practical activities.
- You will gain the opportunity to execute your SEO strategy using a range of resources and tools.
- The module will teach you how to carry out a detailed site audit which will enable you to assess the effectiveness of both your on-site and off-site optimisation techniques, and refine your strategy where required, in order to achieve SEO success.
- In this module, you will be introduced to the fundamental concepts of Pay-Per-Click advertising.
- You will learn how to set up and manage a Google AdWords account, and be able to manage and edit well-structured, optimised ad campaigns.
- The module will equip you with an understanding of an AdWords account structure, from campaign, to ad group, to individual ads, and you will be able to determine which ads are creating optimal conversions and traffic.
- You will learn how to assign budget, select appropriate ad formats and use language and location-based targeting in order to run local ad campaigns.
- Upon completion of the module, you will become competent in managing the commercial viability of every ad campaign.
- You will learn how to run comprehensive campaigns on display networks including Google and Bing, and succeed at PPC account management.
- The module will explore how to optimise ad groups using specific keywords and test multiple ads formats in different sizes so you can build out well-performing ad groups.
- You will be able to apply different targeting methods, such as contextual targeting, remarketing, and interest categories, in order to extend your reach to different audiences.
- You will also learn how to analyse the effectiveness of your campaigns by creating a range of custom reports that will highlight where you can refine your campaign activity in order to drive more conversions.
- In this module, you will learn how to utilise Video on Demand (VOD) and promote your business through a range of video advertising networks, and leverage both video hosting platforms and mobile video platforms.
- You will become familiar with the video advertising lifecycle, from planning, to implementation, to measurement, and be able to refine and optimise your campaigns in the process.
- The module will teach you know to plan and implement a video advertising campaign using tools such as Display Ad Builder and AdWords Editor.
- You will be able to optimise your video ads for mobile, and implement location and language targeting.
- You will also learn to apply appropriate bidding strategies based on extensive campaign measurement, to maximise your budget and ROI.
- Upon completion of the 10 modules of the Professional Diploma in Search Marketing all students are required to take the computer-based exams which will assess their knowledge of the course.
- The Professional Diploma in Search Marketing is based on one formal exam made up of 3 sections, measuring student’s knowledge and competency of the modules established within the formal diploma programme scheme.
The module coverage breakdown across the exams is as below:
Introduction to Search Marketing
PPC Advertising: Search
PPC Advertising: Display
PPC Advertising: Video
PPC Advertising: Video
The exam is 180 minutes long (3 Hours) and consists of 200 questions. The passing score for this exam is 60%. All candidates may take the computer-based examination up to three times. Should a candidate fail their first exam attempt, they must repeat the exam within their exam authorisation period of 6 months. Exams are delivered on the international PearsonVUE System and the score report is made available straight after the exam session.
A range of different question item formats are used within the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing (Syllabus Version 5.0) as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Image supported Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- ‘Matching’ or Drag and Drop Question
- ‘Hot Spot’ Question
* The fees includes the examination fees of £140
Awarding Body : Digital Marketing Institute (DMI)
Course Duration : 3 months online or 5 days bootcamp
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 5
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit DMI official site – https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/students/courses/professional-diploma-in-search-marketing