The Professional in Social Media Marketing will equip you with all of the essential skills you need to successfully leverage social media as part of your general digital marketing strategy and achieve your business goals.
Develop a detailed understanding of key social media specialisms including content marketing (both creation and distribution), and the social media platforms on which you can promote this content, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube. Learn how to develop and execute a detailed social media marketing strategy that will enable you to increase your brand visibility and convert more customers.
The Digital Marketing Institute is the global certification body for Digital Marketing education. The syllabus defines the framework of knowledge, skill and competency required to meet the current and future demands of the Digital economy. The practical, industry-driven qualifications are recognised as the international standard in Digital Marketing certification.
The syllabus content is defined and validated by an industry based working group, the Syllabus Advisory Council. The Council contributes to the development of internationally recognised standards supporting digital marketing education by ensuring the consistency of our industry-led training and certification programmes. Member representatives are from leading digital brands, including Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, IBM, Vodafone, Communicorp, Dentsu Aegis Network, Omnicom, WPP and Ogilvy.
The Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing is also approved and credit rated by the European Qualifications Framework at Level 5.
- The Content Creation module will introduce you to the concept of engaging with and acquiring customers through the creation of relevant, compelling content.
- You will understand the value of social amplification and what incentivises your target audience to share content across social media platforms.
- You will learn how to leverage social listening to monitor both your competitors and your own brand in order to determine the best performing content types and topics to engage your audience.
- This module will equip you with the knowledge and skills to create and implement a persuasive content calendar targeted at a variety of appropriate personas in order to maximise engagement and conversion.
- You will learn about the concept of content seeding and promoting, and how you can distribute content efficiently and effectively across social media platforms to achieve maximum reach.
- You will acquire an understanding of how to promote content and the importance of paid promotion within a content strategy that aims to circulate relevant, highly shareable content.
- In this module, you will learn how to set feasible objectives, promote your content for maximum results, and conduct influencer outreach in order to guarantee the best possible reach and visibility for your brand across all social media platforms.
- The Facebook module provides you with a comprehensive understanding of how the platform can facilitate community building and management, content marketing and brand promotion.
- You will learn how to use Facebook for business and be able to develop and manage a Facebook Business Page.
- You will also be able to create and serve a variety of Facebook ads, and plan an overall Facebook advertising strategy that includes setting relevant KPIs and ongoing measurement.
- This module will demonstrate to you the value that Twitter can provide to businesses as a marketing and brand promotion platform.
- You will be equipped with the ability to set up and manage a Twitter account for business, and know how to optimise your profile to attract and engage customers.
- You will learn how to use Twitter to target potential customers and be able to leverage a variety of platform-specific features, such as hashtags, Direct Messages, and advanced search options.
- You will also learn how to use Twitter’s native analytics platform to measure your activity on the channel.
- This module will equip you with the skills you need to get the most out of Google+.
- You will be able to set up and optimise Google+ Business Pages and Communities, and understand how they can be used to facilitate discussion, share content and establish your brand as an industry thought leader.
- You will learn how to use Google+ to generate engagement with existing connections, and extend your reach with new ones.
- You will learn how to leverage platform-specific features including Events and Hangouts, and understand how they can increase your brand visibility and reach.
- You will recognise the relationship between Google+ and enhanced search rankings, and learn about the range of social plugins available for you to consolidate your Google+ presence, such as +1 buttons and Google+ badges.
- Upon completion of the 10 modules of the Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing all students are required to take the computer-based exams which will assess their knowledge of the course.
- The Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing is based on one formal exam made up of 3 sections, measuring student’s knowledge and competency of the modules established within the formal diploma programme scheme.
The module coverage breakdown across the exams is as below:
Introduction to Search Marketing
Introduction to Social Media Marketing
The exam is 180 minutes long (3 Hours) and consists of 200 questions. The passing score for this exam is 60%. All candidates may take the computer-based examination up to three times. Should a candidate fail their first exam attempt, they must repeat the exam within their exam authorisation period of 6 months. Exams are delivered on the international PearsonVUE System and the score report is made available straight after the exam session.
A range of different question item formats are used within the Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing (Syllabus Version 5.0) as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Image supported Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- ‘Matching’ or Drag and Drop Question
- ‘Hot Spot’ Question
* The fees includes the examination fees of £140
Awarding Body : Digital Marketing Institute (DMI)
Course Duration : 3 months online or 5 days bootcamp
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 5
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit DMI official site – https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/students/courses/professional-diploma-in-social-media-marketing