Overview of Qualification (501/2324/5)
The NCFE Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics at Level 2 is an ideal qualification for learners wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in Mathematics in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life. It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as Apprenticeships.
- This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who want to develop practical and transferable skills in Mathematics.
- There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above, although it is recommended that learners should be aged at least 14.
- Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in English
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in Information and
- Communication Technology
- Level 3 Core Maths qualifications
How the qualification is assessed
Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in a qualification.
- Each candidate is required to undertake an externally set and assessed task-based question paper.
- Questions are set and assessed by NCFE. The paper assesses candidates’ knowledge and skills, covering each of the process skills and a selection of the skills sub-sections of the Functional Skills Mathematics standards at Level 2
- The assessment is administered by centre staff under examination conditions and will last for 2 hours. This includes candidate reading time.
- Certificates are issued automatically after successful completion of the external assessment.
- This includes registration, assessment and certification
Qualification number: 501/2324/5
Level: NQF Level 2
Awarding Organisation: NCFE
Assessment: Mandatory task-based external exam
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit ATHE official website on https://www.ncfe.org.uk/qualification-search/ncfe-functional-skills-qualification-in-mathematics-at-level-2-35.aspx