This qualification is suitable for you if you wish to obtain the Internal Verifier / Moderator role and quality assure assessors and assessment. The Level 4 Award (previously V1 award) in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) is a 17 credit and 115 guided learning hour qualification consisting of 3 mandatory units.
This qualification replaces the V1 and V2 qualifications. It is part of the new suite of qualifications for assessors, internal quality assurers (IQA) and external quality assurers (EQA). Learners must complete 3 mandatory units worth 17 credits in total to achieve the NCFE Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance
This qualification is required for:
- Verifiers involved in National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) for the next three years. Those who deliver these qualifications will need to be qualified to meet the requirements of the NVQ Code of Practice and Sector Skills Councils assessment strategies.
- Quality assurance staff who deliver QCF qualifications that use the term ‘NVQ’ in their title will also need these qualifications.
- Some staff, who are quality assuring qualifications within the QCF framework that do not use the term ‘NVQ’ in their titles, but whose purpose is to confirm occupational competence, will need to hold this IQA qualification.
- This qualification will be helpful for teachers in schools who deliver vocational qualifications with applied learning, such as BTEC Firsts and Nationals. If you already hold the D34 or VI qualification, you will not need to requalify but must be aware of and practice to the new standards.
Unit 1: Understanding Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment (T/601/5320)
This unit which provides the opportunity to relate underpinning knowledge and understanding to practice of internal quality assurance. Sharing knowledge and experience with peers and colleagues provides an opportunity both to share good practice and to reflect on assessment approaches.
Unit 2: Internally assure the quality of assessment (A/601/5321)
This unit will give you the opportunity to apply the principles and requirements of internal quality assurance to a real working context and identify ways in which to develop and improve your practice.
Unit 3: Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility (H/600/9674)
This unit helps learners to plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility and make any necessary changes to original work plans
Academic and Entry Requirements
- These qualifications are designed for learner aged 19 and above.
- You will need to have completed your TAQA / A1 /D32 & D33 award and have experience of the assessment process.
- You will also need to provide two of your own assessors to internally verify.
The range of direct evidence MUST include:
- monitoring of a minimum of TWO assessors
- assessment of a minimum of TWO candidates per assessor
- observation of practice
- examination of products of work and questioning
These can be supplemented, where necessary, with professional discussion, reflective accounts or witness statements.
Course Material – all course material, including presentations, handouts, assignment briefs and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to this, the learners also get the course handbook and tutorial via emails to support the learning.
Online learning – The learner sets the pace for learning and the courses are offered across an academic year basis. Although our tutors encourage the learners to make progress monthly, but this approach is flexible.
Certification- The Diploma is issued by the NCFE. UK Versity Online Limited (Number 8465520) is an accredited and approved delivery Centre for NCFE qualifications.
Fees – 695*
* The fee includes registration and assessment
Awarding Body : Northern Council for Further Education (NCFE)
Course Duration : 1-3 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 4
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit NCFE website on https://www.ncfe.org.uk/qualification-search/ncfe-level-4-award-in-understanding-the-internal-quality-assurance-of-assessment-processes-and-practice-7.aspx4