Qualification Number: 601/5963/7
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management programme allows learners to acquire knowledge and understanding in a range of topics and to develop key skills they require to work in Business Management roles. This is done through a substantial core of mandatory units. The core content of this qualification is for those entering a strategic level of management with a key emphasis on developing an understanding of the research skills and personal development expected of a senior manager which will enable them to progress to higher level general management or specialised business programmes at a later stage in their business or academic careers.
Learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of a UK level 5 diploma in related subject or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- If the learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency at a minimum of CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) level B2 from a recognised English test provider or IELTS level 5.5 in each components.
OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management consists of the following 6 mandatory units that provide a total of 120 credits:
|Unit Ref. No.||Unit Title||Credit|
|L/507/1303||Leadership and Organisational Behaviour||20|
|D/507/1306||Financial Decision Making||20|
|H/507/1307||Sustainable Business Practices||20|
|K/507/1308||Strategic Human Resource Management||20|
Duration and Delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and Verification
- All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
- To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, a learner must have successfully passed all learning outcomes for that unit.
- The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learner’s overall achievement has been arrived at.
Upon successful completion of OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learners may progress to:
- An OTHM Level 7 Diploma within the relevant academic discipline
- A postgraduate degree programme at UK universities
- Employment in Business or related sectors
- Relevant postgraduate professional programmes
Fees – £1500*
* The fees is per academic year
** VAT Extra
** Exam and awarding body registration fees is extra and is payable at the time of enrolment.
Awarding Body : OTHM Qualifications
Course Duration : 6-9 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 6
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit OTHM official website on http://www.othm.org.uk/Page/601_5963_7