Qualification Number: 601/8176/X
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is designed to enable learners to develop the knowledge and both generic and vocational employability skills relevant to these sectors. It has also been designed to help learners develop an understanding of the nature of health and social care work in order that they can make informed decisions about whether or not they wish to gain employment in these sectors or as part of their current professional development if already working in these sectors.
The Health and Social Care Management Diploma provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the health and social care sector and its wide recognition by employers allows progression directly into employment.
Learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of a UK level 5 diploma in related subject or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- If the learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency at a minimum of CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) level B2 from a recognised English test provider or IELTS level 5.5 in each components
OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management (RQF) consists of the following 8 mandatory units that provide a total of 120 credits:
|Unit Ref. No.||Mandatory Units||Credit|
|A/507/9476||Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care||10|
|D/507/9471||Managing Quality in Health and Social Care||15|
|H/507/9469||Principles of Health and Social Care Management||15|
|H/507/9472||Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Workplaces||15|
|K/507/9473||Financial Decision Making for Health Care Managers||15|
|M/507/9474||Managing Human Resources in Health and Social Care||15|
|Y/507/9470||Leadership and Management for Health and Social Care||15|
|D/507/9468||Research Methods for Health and Social Care Managers||20|
Duration and Delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and Verification
- All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
- To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, a learner must have successfully passed all the learning outcomes for that unit.
- The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learner’s overall achievement has been arrived at
Upon successful completion of OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management, learners may progress to:
- An OTHM Level 7 Diploma within the relevant academic discipline
- A postgraduate degree programme at UK universities
- Employment in Health and Social Care Sector
- Relevant postgraduate professional programmes
Fees – £1500*
* The fees is per academic year
** VAT Extra
** Exam and awarding body registration fees is extra and is payable at the time of enrolment.
Awarding Body : OTHM Qualifications
Course Duration : 6-9 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 6
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit OTHM official website on http://www.othm.org.uk/Page/601_8176_X