Qualification Number: 601/5662/4
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification will provide learners with an advanced qualification that supports their development as manager within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation; enable learners to critically evaluate contemporary knowledge and theories to use these to propose solutions complex management problems in the tourism and hospitality industry; provide learners with the ability to apply and adapt specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills in the tourism and hospitality industry; enable learners to make decisions about the leadership, planning and management of work areas in the tourism and hospitality industry that are informed by best practice and contemporary research.
The programme will allow learners to acquire a range of knowledge and understanding and to develop some of the key skills required to work as a manager within the Tourism and Hospitality sector.
Learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of a UK level 5 diploma in related subject or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- If the learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency at a minimum of CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) level B2 from a recognised English test provider or IELTS level 5.5 in each components.
OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of the following 6 mandatory units that provide a total of 120 credits:
|Unit Ref. No.||Unit Title||Credit|
|Y/507/7377||Strategic Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality||20|
|R/507/7376||Tourism Policy and Planning||20|
|D/507/7378||Organisational Behaviour in Tourism and Hospitality||20|
|H/507/7379||Technology in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry||20|
|Y/507/7380||Tourism and International Development||20|
|D/507/7381||Researching Tourism and Hospitality Management||20|
Duration and Delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and Verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, a learner must have successfully passed all learning outcomes for that unit.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learner’s overall achievement has been arrived at.
Upon successful completion of OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners may progress to:
- An OTHM Level 7 Diploma within the relevant academic discipline
- A postgraduate degree programme at UK universities
- Employment in Tourism and Hospitality sector
- Relevant postgraduate professional programmes
Fees – £1500*
* The fees is per academic year
** VAT Extra
** Exam and awarding body registration fees is extra and is payable at the time of enrolment.
Awarding Body : OTHM Qualifications
Course Duration : 6-9 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 6
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit OTHM official website on http://www.othm.org.uk/Page/601_5662_4