OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance (RQF)
Qualification Number: 603/0701/8
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification is designed for learners with relevant experience, and/or qualifications the knowledge and skills they need work in the fields of accounting and finance. For those learners that have prior experience in accounting and finance and who also possess a professional qualification, the pathway through this programme will develop their professional competence.
The qualification enables learners to develop knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance within wider organisational contexts in addition to applying technical and specialist skills to a range of contexts within which they operate.
Learner must fulfil at least one of the following criteria to be allowed entry to the qualification:
- Possession of an honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant work experience
- If you are not from the United Kingdom or a majority English-speaking country, you must provide evidence that you are competent in English language at a minimum of CEFR (the Common European Framework) level B2 from a recognised English test provider or IELTS level 5.5 in each component.
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance programmes consists of the following 6 mandatory units that provide a total of 120 credits:
|Unit Ref. No.||Mandatory Units||Credit|
|Y/615/3237||Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance||20|
|D/615/3238||Global Finance and Strategy||20|
|H/615/3242||Strategic Financial Management||20|
Duration and Delivery
- The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
- The qualification is delivered via blended learning or distance learning route through lectures and tutorials
Assessment and Verification
- All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
- To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, a learner must have successfully passed all the learning outcomes for that unit.
- The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learner’s overall achievement has been arrived at.
Passing the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance enables learners to progress into or within employment or continue their further study towards UK Masters top up qualifications. OTHM has progression arrangement with a number of UK universities that acknowledges the ability of learners after studying Level 3-7 qualifications to be considered for advanced entry into corresponding degree year and masters top-up programmes.
For UK/EU students: £1500*
* The fees is per academic year
** The fee includes registration and assessment fees for the qualification
Awarding Body : OTHM Qualifications
Course Duration : 6-9 months
Method of study : Full Time
Qualification Level : 7
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit OTHM official website on http://othm.org.uk/Page/603_0701_8